My Bluey Movie Wishlist
So, Bluey’s movie has finally released a teaser trailer. While it did look nice, I can’t lie and say that I wasn’t hoping for it to be animated like the show.
That being said, the animation is FAR from my biggest concern for this movie. The reason I love Bluey is because of its great characters, excellent writing, and the deep morals and values it manages to cram in such a short time. And I wanna see each of those things once the Heelers finally make it onto the big screen, which is why I made a wish list of everything I want to see in the Bluey movie, which I will go over right now.
Obviously Bluey is the title character, so she may get most of the screen time, but Bluey is only as entertaining as her family, so I want Bingo, Bandit, & Chilli to get roles in the story that are just as important as hers. The Heeler family as a whole is why many people fell in love with this show, so here’s hoping we can see them in top form for the movie.
An annoying habit movies based on TV shows tend to have is shoving their supporting cast into just a few brief moments near the beginning and end of the feature. The Heelers are fantastic, but they’re not the only characters people like to see. Muffin, Socks, Stripe, Rad, Frisky, Trixie, Cris, Rusty, Brandy, Calypso, Jack, Winton, McKenzie, Lucky’s Dad, Judo, Wendy- the Heelers’ world is filled with so many interesting characters that deserve time on the big screen, too. They don’t ALL have to get a moment or huge role, but I want it to feel like a story about the Heelers and their community instead of JUST the Heelers.
I don’t think this will be a problem, but I want to say it anyway. I don’t want the crew to get celebrities to play characters with already established voices. Keep Melanie Zanetti, David McCormack, and everyone else who voices a Bluey adult in the cast. I won’t mind if they have a celebrity come on to play a new character, but keep the established voices as they are.
The main reason Bluey got as cult of a following as it did, besides the comedy, is how it managed to tell meaningful stories in such a short time frame. Each episode managed to pack a lot into 7 minutes, so if they were to extend the runtime, the story should feel bigger and not something that would happen in a usual episode. Like, The Sign- that episode earned its 28-minute runtime with the Heelers coming to terms with moving, Rad & Frisky’s wedding, and the general themes of change and taking things as they come. So, if this movie really wants to make an impression, they need to tell a story that warrants making a movie in the first place.








Comments
Post a Comment